Welcome to our Governors’ section.
Please find below details of how our Governing body is structured, including the names, categories, responsibilities and terms of appointment for each Governor.
“Governors now make an excellent contribution to the school’s effectiveness through their regular reports and visits to the school to check all areas of its work.”
OFSTED, January 2015
“Governors are very visible in the school and they know all of the staff and pupils. The impact on pupils is now central to the governors’ role.”
Quote from Ofsted Report, January 2015
What do governors do?
Key roles of governors:
- To ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- To hold the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff
- To oversee the financial performance of the school and make sure its money is well spent
They also carry out a number of other important duties, which include:
- Determining how the school’s budget is spent
- The appointing and dismissing of staff
- Hearing appeals and grievances
- Forming policy on the school’s curriculum and collective worship
- Setting standards for pupils’ behaviour and discipline
- Making sure school buildings are welcoming and safe
- Setting and monitoring the school’s aims and policies