Chatsworth class is one of the Key Stage 2 classes at Bennerley Fields School. We are a group of 8 children who have lots of fantastic energy. We love learning new things together and work on being part of a team to develop positive relationships with others, both within class and the wider school community.
We offer a programme of learning that reflects and respects the individual needs of our children. Our pupils work on personal learning goals to support their individual needs and these are assessed across the school day. We work closely with parents and other professionals involved with our children to set targets that are appropriate to each individual child.
In the 2023-2023 school year, Chatsworth class will explore many exciting topics as part of the Stage 2 curriculum. Learning experiences are carefully designed to support communication, engagement and interaction alongside the development of knowledge and skills.
Autumn 1: Dinosaur Planet (History focus)
Autumn 2: Winter Wonderland (Geography focus)
Spring 1: Marvellous Machines (Design & Technology focus)
Spring 2: Towers, Tunnels and Turrets (History focus)
Summer 1: Ready, Steady Grow (Science focus)
Summer 2: Animal Safari (Geography focus)
We utilise a variety of learning environments for the children to explore learning in different ways and regularly take our learning outdoors to practice and apply knowledge and skills across the curriculum. Our outside playground areas allow our students to engage in play and develop key social skills with their friends and, in addition, we have a large Forest School and garden area designed to nurture the practical learning, emotional wellbeing and sensory needs of our students.
- PE lessons take place on Thursday morning – Please remember to send a PE kit.
- Swimming sessions will take place on Tuesday afternoon in the Autumn term, beginning on Tuesday 19th September and finishing on Tuesday 5th December.
- Forest School will take place on Wednesday morning in the Autumn Term starting on 13thth September – Please send your child to school appropriate outdoor clothing/shoes with uniform to change into afterwards.
- ‘Beyond Bennerley’ community visits and activities will take place on Friday afternoon throughout the year - We will let you know about any visits planned.
- If you have any questions or queries, please don’t hesitate to contact us via the class email address.