The staff in Dolphins are:
- Kay (Teacher on Monday, Tuesday)
- Fliss (Teacher on Thursday and Friday)
- Emma Stanley-Smith (Class Lead on Wednesday and Teaching Assistant on Friday)
- Berni Randerson (Full-time Teaching Assistant)
- Fiona Pheasant (Teaching Assistant Wednesday, Thursday and Friday)
- Laura Cook (Apprentice Teaching Assistant on Monday to Thursday)
In Dolphins we adopt an holistic approach to learning and have designed our curriculum to reflect the development of our students and their needs.
Our curriculum is built around 6 key areas:
• Communication and Interaction
• Engagement and Attention
• Personal, Social and Emotional Development
• Physical Skills (including gross and fine motor skills)
• Sensory Exploration
• Learning-to-Learn skills (including literacy and numeracy)
We are all fully committed to ensuring that each child is engaged in a positive learning experience during their time in school. We love to explore our environment by using our senses and our sensory development is really important to us. We do lots of activities which help us to develop our engagement and enjoy our learning. Learning through play is very important to us, we do lots of outdoor learning and like to get as messy as possible! Physical exercise is also a big part of what we do; we enjoy taking part in swimming, dance, gymnastics and sensory circuits on a weekly basis. We also like to relax in order for us to feel comfortable to learn; Peer Massage is one of our favourite activities. We work really hard to develop our communication skills and enjoy going on visits in the community as it really helps us to take part in the wider world and become more independent.