Bennerley Fields


How does a child get a place in the nursery?

Most children will have gone through statutory assessment and have a statement of special educational needs stating the nursery as their named provision. The Local Authority would inform us of this and we would then contact you regarding a place.

However children do not need to have a statement to be offered a place.

Education, Health and Social Service personnel can make a referral for an emergency placement using a form from the Early Years SEN panel at County Hall in Matlock. This is submitted to the panel who meet regularly. If a place is agreed, we are contacted by an officer from the Local Authority to offer your child a place.

January 2015 Ofsted Report:

"The leadership and management of the early years is outstanding. Children enter the Nursery or Reception Year with knowledge and skills significantly below those typical for their age. They settle quickly into the welcoming environment and make outstanding progress."