British and Global Values Statement
All of our work at Bennerley Fields builds towards ensuring our students are prepared for the next step, whether that be paid or voluntary employment, appropriate levels of independence and most importantly adding value and being a positive member of the local community. Preparing our students for life in modern Britain is at the core of everything we do.
Promoting British values and respect of other cultures is intrinsically woven throughout our school day and curriculum. In addition to this we support our students’ development in the following ways:
- Our weekly assemblies draw together our school community to celebrate, reflect and reinforce our ethos and key messages.
- The school council / Head Boy and Girl are democratically elected and provide a strong voice for our students.
- Throughout the school year our students and staff hold a number of charity events that support various causes eg Macmillan, Children in Need, spinal injuries, Jeans for Genes to name but a few. Our students and families face significant daily challenges themselves and we take great pride in their determination and passion to support others.
- A robust PSHCE curriculum that prepares our students to be positive citizens and for life in modern Britain.
- Strong links with a number of local partners provide our students with a wide range of opportunities to learn alongside and successfully mix with others.
- Trips / residential visits provide enrichment, both in Britain and abroad.
- A number of special concerts and events punctuate our year celebrating culture and diversity. We celebrate a wide range of religious festivals including Diwali, Eid and Christian festivals.
- Students access activities that help them to learn about our local community and also broaden their perspective to a regional, national and international level.
Photo: Celebrating the Queen's Jubliee